This is an intermediate level position assisting in all aspects of project implementation. This position will require frequent travel within the country.
- Provide project support to the NLEAP Advisors and Specialists in delivering NLEAP Technical Assistance
- Liaison with project stakeholders and partners;
- Support logistics for project activities;
- Provide support in the collection of data and executing data entry for the project Management Information System (MIS);
- Provide support for the preparation of reports and document production;
- Support preparation of presentations, slide decks and other materials communicating project parameters;
- Provide program related support for local and international consultants; and
- Any other related responsibilities required to meet expected project
- Undergraduate degree (i.e., bachelor or equivalent) in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Economics, Development);
- Minimum of twenty-four months of working experience as Project Officer in the field of capacity development or governance;
- Intermediate level proficiency working with MS Office;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Advanced professional proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English and, Sinhala or Tamil, preferably both.
Please submit a cover letter identifying position you are applying for and an updated CV with the names of Two (2) Professional References, and submit by email to with the subject line “NLEAP Recruitment – Project Officer on or before 30th September 2020
We wish to thank everybody for their submissions, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are a four and a half year project funded by the Government of Canada (GoC), designed to respond to the Government of Sri Lanka’s (GoSL) goal to protect and promote the language rights of all its citizens and support and strengthen the Official Languages Policy (OLP) implementation with the Ministry of Public Services, Provincial Councils and Local Government and its affiliated agencies. These agencies include the National Institute of Language Education and Training (NILET), the Department of Official Languages (DOL) and the Official Languages Commission (OLC). The NLEAP also supports selected universities through the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Alinea International has been contracted by the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) as the Canadian Executing Agency (CEA) responsible for managing and implementing the project. Alinea International, is seeking candidates for the position of Project Officer for NLEAP.